Travis J. Tingey, DMD, MS
A native of Boise, Dr. Travis Tingey graduated from Centennial High School while spending several summers working in his father’s orthodontic lab. Through that experience, he discovered a love and a talent for working with his hands and decided to pursue a career in the dental field. Dr. Tingey went on to complete his undergraduate degree at Brigham Young University and was then accepted to the University of Kentucky College of Dentistry. He graduated at the top of his dental class and received several awards and distinctions before receiving his Doctorate of Dental Medicine. Following dental school, Dr. Tingey completed his orthodontic residency at the University of Oklahoma where he was trained in the latest techniques and materials available. Although his educational journey has given him wonderful experiences all over the country, he is thrilled to be back in his hometown serving the people of the Treasure Valley.
Travis and his wife, Beth, have one baby boy and live for the great outdoors. Leisure time in the Tingey family usually involves rock climbing, camping, kite boarding, mountain biking, volleyball, playing guitar, or watching BSU Bronco sports.
“I’m extremely grateful to be a part of a profession that changes lives. There is nothing more gratifying than being able to give patients beautiful smiles and the confidence that comes with them. My patients’ satisfaction is of the highest importance to me and I’m committed to providing my best treatment to everyone who entrusts us with their care.”
Awards and Achievements
- Dr. William S. Kramer Award of Excellence
- Excellence in Academic Achievement Award for attaining highest academic standing in dental class
- Certification of Recognition for Excellence in Management of Temporomandibular Disorders and Orofacial Pain
- Induction into the Omicron Kappa Upsilon national dental honor society
- Excellence in Restorative Dentistry Award
- National Heroism Award – Awarded by the Board of Boy Scouts of America for rescuing a woman on fire
- Eagle Scout Award